The Original Rain Slicker™ is highly versatile and great for cool, windy and wet spring to fall days. The outer shell offers 100% water and wind protection by using high quality 200 denier polyurethane coated nylon. The lining of the coat is a soft and comfortable polyester micro fiber. Scotchlite 3M™ piping around the neck and rear for night time visibility and safety.
All Breed and L&L Slickers: Fastened with wide strips of Velcro.
Whippet Slickers: fastened with 3/4" adjustable web strap and a durable buckle.
Harnesses: Our coats do not allow for a harness to be worn under the coat. There is no hole in the coat for a D-ring connection to your leash. The reason for this is the fact that there are many varieties and styles of harnesses on the market. Each one having a different location of the D-ring. We suggest that you adjust your favourite Harness to be worn over the coat.
Our coats are not custom made to each dogs' specifications. We have many in-stock sizes that have been created from over 10 years of measuring dogs and perfecting our patterns. The measurements you include in your order are requested so we can double check that you have ordered the best size of coat for your dog. Please measure carefully.
All Breed Category - Chihuahuas to Great Dane
25 to 5 degrees Celsius
77 to 40 degrees Fahrenheit
Blue Rain Drop
Fuchsia Rain Drop
- Skillfully designed and manufactured here in Ottawa, Canada using Canadian materials.
- 100% wind and waterproof 200 Denier polyurethane coated nylon outer shell.
- Soft micro fleece is used across the chest for mobility and comfort.
- 3M Scotchlite™ reflective piping around the neck and rear for night visibility and safety.
- The lining fabric is a soft and comfortable polyester featuring a turn down collar.
- Wide strips of Velcro© are used to fasten the wide belly panel to the body of the coat. This ensures a secure fit.
- 3M Scotchlite™ reflective loop at the rear of the coat for hanging/storage purposes. This loop is not for the tail!
- Machine wash in cold water on gentle cycle. Wash with like colour load. Fasten buckle or velcro before placing in washing machine. We recommend that you don't use Tide Detergent. It can be hard on fibres and break them down prematurely.
- Do not use bleach or fabric softener. Fabric softener will prevent the fleece from retaining heat within the fleece fibres.
- Fasten buckle or velcro before placing in Dryer. Set Dryer on cool setting for 10 minutes then hang or lay flat to dry.
Measure your Dog
Visit the fitting room to learn how to measure your dog, or simply view this video. Please ensure you take the time to correctly measure your dog to ensure your order is processed as quickly as possible.
- Use a soft tape measure or wide rope to take the measurements, not a hard straight ruler.
- Your dog must be standing straight with head up. If your dog is laying down or sitting his/her back dimension will be longer than the actual back length.
- Measure from the base of the neck (just in front of the shoulder blades) to the base of tail.
- The coat length should be the same or longer by 1 to 2 inches as your dog's back length.
Start at the base of the neck just in front of the shoulder blades, not from the collar, and go to the base of the tail.
Circumference of chest at thickest point.
Horizontal distance across chest.
Circumference of base of neck.
Specify Category, size, length and color for the coat
- Select the Category of coat: All Breed, Long & Lean, or Whippet depending on the breed.
- Select the coat Size.
- Select the coat Length (in inches).
- Finally select the coat Color.