Great White North Winter Coat
The Great White North™ Winter Coat is designed for maximum warmth, durability and safety in mind. Experience the quality and fit of a Chilly Dogs® coat.
All our coats feature an "Easy On, Easy Off" design. The coat is simply slipped over the dog's head then the "Y" shaped belly panel is pulled down and back between the front legs, then pulled up over the dog's back where the buckles are fastened and the webbing is adjusted.
Our coats are not custom made to each dogs specifications. We have many in-stock sizes that have been created from over 10 years of measuring dogs and perfecting our patterns. The measurements you include in your order are requested so we can double check that you have ordered the best size of coat for your dog. Please measure carefully.
Harnesses: Our coats do not allow for a harness to be worn under the coat. There is no hole in the coat for a D-ring connection to your leash. The reason for this is the fact that there are many varieties and styles of harnesses on the market. Each one having a different location of the D-ring. We suggest that you adjust your favourite Harness to be worn over the coat.
All Breed Category - Chihuahua, Jack Russell, Cocker Spaniel, Vizsla, Boxer, Weimaraner, Doberman to Great Dane
-10 to -30 Degrees Celsius
14 to -22 degrees Fahrenheit
The coats are beyond fabulous, soft and luxurious, look amazing, fit perfectly and kept the dogs (whippets) warm. They ran and played and those skinny legs, for the first time while wearing a coat were allowed to stretch to their fullest. Beautiful. Thank you for making just the perfect shaped coat for funny shaped dogs.”
Michelle - Australia
- Skillfully designed and manufactured here in Ottawa, Canada using Canadian materials.
- Constructed of super warm but lightweight 12oz non-pilling Canadian polyester Fleece.
- 100% wind and waterproof 200 Denier polyurethane coated nylon outer shell.
- 3M Scotchlite™ reflective piping around the neck and rear for night visibility and safety.
- Ajustable nylon webbing and a smooth shaped buckle system is used to securely fasten the coat around the body of your dog.
- 3M Scotchlite™ reflective loop at the rear of the coat for hanging/storage purposes. This loop is not for the tail!
- Machine wash in cold water on gentle cycle. Wash with like colour load. Fasten buckle or velcro before placing in washing machine. We recommend that you don't use Tide Detergent. It can be hard on fibres and break them down prematurely.
- Do not use bleach or fabric softener. Fabric softener will prevent the fleece from retaining heat within the fleece fibres.
- Fasten buckle or velcro before placing in Dryer. Set Dryer on cool setting for 10 minutes then hang or lay flat to dry.
Measure your Dog
Visit the fitting room to learn how to measure your dog, or simply view this video. Please ensure you take the time to correctly measure your dog to ensure your order is processed as quickly as possible.
- Use a soft tape measure or wide rope to take the measurements, not a hard straight ruler.
- Your dog must be standing straight with head up. If your dog is laying down or sitting his/her back dimension will be longer than the actual back length.
- Measure from the base of the neck (just in front of the shoulder blades) to the base of tail.
- The coat length should be the same or longer by 1 to 2 inches as your dog's back length.
Start at the base of the neck just in front of the shoulder blades, not from the collar, and go to the base of the tail.
Circumference of chest at thickest point.
Horizontal distance across chest.
Circumference of base of neck.
Specify Category, size, length and color for the coat
- Select the Category of coat: All Breed, Long & Lean, or Whippet depending on the breed.
- Select the coat Size.
- Select the coat Length (in inches).
- Finally select the coat Color.